- Fleury gets some puck luck as Pens hold off Flames
CALGARY, Alberta — Nobody can accuse Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury of not using his head in the crease anymore. Fleury made 27 saves — included one off the back of his helmet — to backstop the Penguins to a 2-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Saddledome on Saturday night. The way the Flames shooters have been struggling lately, it might come as no surprise that Fleury …
- LATEST NEWS
Pittsburgh Penguins' Sydney Crosby, right, has a shot stopped by Calgary Flames' goalie Reto Berra, from Switzerland, during first-period NHL hockey game action in Calgary, Alberta, Saturday, Jan. 11, 2014.
- Calgary Flames fall to Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1
History was made.
- Calgary Flames let down by offence again in 2-1 loss to Pittsburgh Penguins
CALGARY – Marc Andre Fleury made 27 saves Saturday night to backstop the Pittsburgh Penguins to a 2-1 victory over the Flames, handing Calgary a team record sixth consecutive regulation loss on home ice.
- 5 Bold Predictions for Pittsburgh Penguins in 2nd Half of 2013-14 Season
As the Pittsburgh Penguins enter the second half of the season atop the Metropolitan Division and headed toward a top seed in the postseason, few could have imagined that they would be in this position just a few months ago. Having lost Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow, Douglas Murray and Matt Cooke in free agency, Tomas Vokoun to an injury and Tyler Kennedy in a trade, many expected that the Pens …
- Nugent-Hopkins' OT goal leads Oilers past Pens 4-3
EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) — Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored two goals, including the winner in overtime, and added an assist as the Edmonton Oilers came from behind to stun the Eastern Conference-leading Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3 on Friday night.
- Edmonton Oilers centre Ryan Nugent-Hopkins wins head-to-head battle with Pittsburgh Penguins’ Sidney Crosby
Who knows what that game might mean in the career of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and the future of the Edmonton Oilers?